Sex after 60 can still be sexy, according to what statistics show. Although there are also some risks in some cases, many mature couples are enjoying their intimate moments in their senior years.
Table of contents
- Frequency and Satisfaction of People Having Sex After 60
- Benefits of Sex After 60
- Problems in Sex in Senior Years Difficult
Frequency and Satisfaction of People Having Sex After 60
A study reveals the following stats about Americans who are experiencing sex over the age of 60:
- Individuals with excellent health are more sexually active compared to those who are not healthy.
- 23% of older individuals(60+) have sex at least once a week.
- Older women (60+) are observed to be less likely to have a sexual partner than men of the same age.
- 54% of sexually active individuals over 60 have sex at least 2-3 times a month.
- 37% of men over 60 perceived that keeping an erection is the leading cause of their sexual issues.
- 50% of older individuals stated that they have at least one sexual issue.
- 35% of women over the age of 60 said that sex is not at all important. For men, it was 13% felt the same way.
- 38% of males over 60 and 22% of females over 60 never had a discussion about sexual health with their doctors.
Benefits of Sex After 60
- It can aid in fighting off colds by increasing the body’s level of immunoglobulin A.
- It’s a good form of exercise.
- It helps in releasing dopamine which contributes to better cognitive function.
- It makes you feel better.
- Sex can help you look better.
- It helps boost circulation.
- It contributes to better heart health.
Statistics on Adults’ Perspectives on Sex
- 76% of older adults agreed that sex is a crucial part of every romantic relationship at any age
- 40% of the respondents stated that they are sexually active
- The sexual activity starts to decrease with the age:
- 65-70 years old (46%)
- 71-75 years old (39%)
- 76-80 years old (25%)
- Men are reported to be more sexually active compared to women (51% vs. 31%)
Statistics on How Interesting Sex is to Seniors
The following stats are based on a study conducted among 1,002 adults aged 65-80:
- 65% of the respondents stated that they are interested in sex
- 30% of the total respondents said that they are extremely or very interested in sex
- Of those who are extremely interested in sex, 34% are 65-70 years old, 28% are 71-75 years old, and 19% are 76-80 years old
- 35% of the respondents stated that they are somewhat interested
Best Positions for Couples Over 60
Based on comfort and safety, the following are the best 3 sex positions for couples aged 60 and older:
- Missionary Plank
Problems in Sex in Senior Years Difficult
- Erectile dysfunction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Painful Sex
- Vaginal Dryness
- Uterine Prolapse/Painful Organ Prolapse
Causes of Sexual Problems
Various studies found that there are illnesses and other health conditions that can affect sexual activity among couples in their senior years:
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Diseases
- Some Medications
Who to Talk with When Problems Are Encountered on Sexual Health (Among Adults 65-80)
- 62% will talk to health care provider
- 36% will talk to their spouse/partner
- 17% will talk to no one
- 10% will talk to a family member, friend, or another person
Reasons Why Couples Over 60 May Be At More Risk from STDs
- Lack of regular screening for sexual issues that may lead to more serious complications
- People over 60 are less likely to use contraceptives like condoms and other barrier methods
- Women in the menopausal stage have thinner vaginal tissues and decreased natural lubrication
- Older people’s immune systems become weaker and less effective
Sex Toys for the Golden Years
Growing older doesn’t mean the flame of passion has to dim.
In fact, the golden years can be a time of rediscovery, exploration, and deepened intimacy.
With the right tools, couples and individuals can continue to experience pleasure, connection, and excitement in their intimate lives.
For the Adventurous Duo
Experience new heights of intimacy with a sex swing, allowing for unique positions and deeper connections. If you’re looking for consistent and varied stimulation, consider diving into the world of sex machines.
They’re perfect for those moments when you want to sit back and enjoy. And for shared moments, enhance your connection with the best couples’ sex toys and vibrators, designed specifically for mutual pleasure during love-making.
For those solo moments, explore the unique textures and sensations offered by male masturbators.
Whether you desire deep, resonating stimulation or targeted pleasure, there’s a toy for you.
Spice up your evenings with sexual board games, turning every night into a potential adventure. And if you’re looking for playful interactions, even from a distance, consider remote control vibrators. They allow for intimate connections, no matter where you are.
Embrace this chapter of life with enthusiasm and an open heart. With the right toys and a spirit of exploration, the golden years can be filled with passion, intimacy, and joy.