In this study of how common fat fetish is in the public, we looked at representative sample of 7,449 respondents from the US. Using triangulation methods we have deduced the most accurate estimate of the actual prevalence of fat fetishism.
The full dataset, all responses and even extra survey items not discussed here can be attained by reaching out to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference any use of the dataset, or facts uncovered in this article. Thank you.
- 4% of Americans have a fat fetish – making it one of the most common fetishes in the US.
- 1 in 14 men have a fat fetish (7%).
- Less than 1% of women have a fat fetish.
- There are +30 online communities dedicated to fat fetishism, feederism, and fat admiration.
How common is having a fat fetish?
There is a very loose line between what would be considered a fat fetish, defined as a paraphernalia which could be classified as Adipophilia (fetishism of people because of their size) or Lipophilia (sexualization of fat parts of the body).
To make sure, that we did not randomly catch simple preferences in the general US public, did not actually have a fat fetish we asked questions in a very direct manner.
We also only included response option than allowed for people to be included if, in fact, they have a fat fetish.
Additionally, to come to a conclusion on how many of the respondents have a fat fetish we cross-referenced responses across two distinct questions (each with a battery of answer-options).
Thereby, to find how common fat fetish is we only included participants who answered:
- That they find fat men or fat women more attractive and;
- They prefer a romantic partner be fatter than them.
From the cross references we find that:
- 4% of Americans have a fat fetish.
- Fat fetishism is so common that 1 in 25 people can be defined as Lipophiliacs or Adipophiliacs.
- 1 in 14 men have a fat fetish (7%).
- 1 in a 100 women have a fat fetish (1%).
We also looked at the genders by different age groups:
What do you find attractive?
The question was posed with a few other categories available in the battery. However, to focus on narrowing down the total number of people who had an attraction towards fat people we isolated the answers most focused on providing evidence to support the prevalence of fat fetish in the group.
Question: What do you find more attractive?
|Demographic||Fat men||Fat women||Slimmer men||Slimmer women||Don’t mind any||Don’t know||N|
What do you prefer in a romantic partner?
the other questions we asked focused less on sexual attraction, and more on romantic partners. This helped provide additional evidence to support the findings. Also, as already revealed, to find the true percentage of the population who can be identified as having a fat fetish we used the two tabulation to cross reference.
Question: Do you prefer if your romantic partner are …?
|Demographic||Less fat than me||Fatter than me||My size||No preference||Don’t know||N|
- Paraphilia – Translated it could mean “beyond love”. In essense it is a term used to describe what could be classified as kinks or fetishes. A more substantive ‘addiction’-like attraction to something/someone.
- Adipophilia – The sexual arousal and fetish for fat body parts.
- Lipophilia – The sexual arousal and fetish for fat people.
- BBW – Term for a “Big Beautiful Woman”. Predominantly used in porn-categorization. Other similar terms include: SSBBW – Super sized Beautiful woman; BBBW – Big Beautiful Black Woman (also with SSBBBW) or; BBT – Big beautiful Teen.
- Fat admirer – A person who does not necessarily find sexual attraction as much as beauty in fat body parts or a fat person.
- Chaser – A small man who is romantically or sexually attracted to a fat women.
- Bloater – A person who enjoys stuffing themselves with food and gets turned on by the sensation of feeling bloated.
- Inflater – A person who fantasizes or enjoys the sensation of feeling ‘inflated’.
- Gainer – A person who gains weight for sexual pleasure, or fantasizes of doing so.
- Encourager – A person who finds sexual pleasure in encouraging or persuading another person to become fat.
- Maintainer – A person who is sympathetic towards those who wants to gain weight, but is not themselves gaining additional weight (while maintaining it).
- Feede – A person who finds sexual pleasure in being fed by another person with the intention of gaining weight.
- Feeder – A person who finds sexual pleasure in feeding someone else with the intention of that person becoming fatter.
- Foode – A person who fantasizes or finds sexual pleasure in eating themselves.
- FBW – Stands for Fat Body Worship, and is the consensual glorification of another persons fat body.
- GRP – Stands for Growth Role-Play
Types of fat fetishes
If we really dive deep into the different types of fat fetishes, that excists we find a few different categories with different distinct character traits.
This could be considerede a sexual preference, rather than a fetish. However, when talking about it as a fetish it describes a sexual relationship with an obese partner. It is the romantic and/or sexual desire to be with someone who is fat.
A practice, where a person would put on clothes, use padding, layoring, or other techniques to appear fatter than they actually are. The purpose is arousel in partners or potential sexual or romantic partners. It can also be done as a part of a role-playing act.
Through the use of excessive air or liquid a person would try to inflate their abdomen. This creates feeling of being bloated or stuffed, without food. It can be to arouse both one self or a partner.
The practice of eating so much food, that you are completely full. To the point where you feel both bloated and stuffed.
This refers to the fetish relationship between a gainer and an encourager. The relationship is built on the premise that one person is responsible for feeding the other. It can be used as a synonym with feederism, however, this term is more predominant in gay cultures.
This refers to the fetish relationship between a gainer and an encourager. The relationship is built on the premise that one person is responsible for feeding the other.
The Fat Fetish Community
The fat fetish community is a group of individuals who are attracted to people who are overweight or obese. This community is often misunderstood, and their preferences are often stigmatized by society. However, it’s important to understand that the fat fetish community is not necessarily about promoting obesity, but rather about celebrating people of all sizes and body types.
One of the biggest misconceptions about the fat fetish community is that they are promoting unhealthy behaviors. However, it’s important to note that attraction is not necessarily a choice, and individuals who are attracted to overweight or obese individuals are not necessarily promoting obesity. In fact, many members of the fat fetish community are actively working to promote body positivity and encourage people of all sizes to love and accept their bodies.
Another misconception about the fat fetish community is that it’s solely focused on sexual attraction. While sexuality is certainly an important aspect of this community, many members also form strong emotional connections with individuals who are overweight or obese. These relationships can be based on mutual respect, understanding, and a shared desire to promote body positivity and acceptance.
It’s also worth noting that the fat fetish community is not a monolith. There is a wide range of opinions and attitudes within the community, and not all members necessarily agree on all issues. However, one common thread that runs through the community is a belief in promoting body positivity and acceptance for people of all sizes.
In conclusion, the fat fetish community is a diverse and often misunderstood group of individuals who are attracted to people who are overweight or obese. While there are certainly misconceptions about this community, it’s important to approach them with an open mind and a willingness to learn. By doing so, we can work to promote body positivity and acceptance for people of all sizes.
- Reddit: r/WeightGainTalk, r/Stuffers, r/fatadmirertalk, r/wgbeforeafter, r/feederism, r/fatfurs, r/fatadmirersmemes, r/femalefatadmirertalk, r/AmorousArchitecture
- Discord: Feedable Softies, Sweet’n’Thick, Feedist gamers, and friends, BBW & Feedism Inc.,
- Websites: FantasyFeeder, Grommr, Feabie, Chasable, Dimensions Magazine, BiggerCity, Curvage, StufferDB, Weight Gaming,
Celebrating Body Positivity: Enhancing Intimacy with Toys
Embracing and celebrating all body types is a beautiful aspect of human connection. For those who appreciate the allure of fuller figures, intimacy can be a deeply fulfilling experience. Bedbible offers a range of toys that cater to every preference, ensuring that every moment is as unique as the individuals involved.
Vibrators: Tailored to Every Touch
Whether you’re exploring solo or with a partner, the classic vibrator offers a world of sensations. For those who crave discretion, the compact clit stimulator and the hands-free pleasure device are perfect companions. And for couples in long-distance relationships, the remote-operated intimate toy keeps the connection alive.
Toys for Shared Moments
Deepening the bond with your partner is a journey of discovery. The vibrating underwear for teasing play and the intriguing dildo panties can add an element of surprise to your intimate moments. For synchronized pleasure, the couples’ favorite vibrator and the wearable intimate stimulator offer shared control and sensations.
Exploring Desires Together
Every individual has unique desires. With toys like the pleasurable vibrating egg and the enhancing cock ring for prolonged intimacy, couples can explore new sensations. For those intrigued by BDSM, daytime BDSM collars and elegant bondage collars symbolize trust and commitment.
Games and Kits: Adventures in Intimacy
Intimacy is also about fun and exploration. Erotic board games for couples can lead to new discoveries about each other’s desires. And for those moments of indecision, comprehensive intimacy toy kits offer a variety of options, whether you’re drawn to toys designed specifically for women or men’s pleasure enhancers.