11 Best Dildos for Beginners to Start Your Journey
Why You Should Trust Our Reviews of the Best Dildos for Beginners
The team here at Bedbible has had the opportunity to test over 300 different sex toys (and we have many more in the queue!). As such, we’re pretty educated when it comes to sex toys in general, but more importantly, we’re also familiar with the buying process. Let’s face it: purchasing a sex toy online is easy, but finding a quality item is hard. With this website, we hope to help our readers make informed sex toy purchases, finding items that have the ideal features for their personal needs. In addition to telling you why you should buy a toy, we also make sure to mention why you shouldn’t. After all, every toy has its positives and its negatives. With this information in the palm of your hand, we hope your next sex toy decision will be an easy one!
How to Choose a Dildo for Beginners
You might not be 100% sure what to consider when trying to select your first dildo. Here are a few things to think about while comparing your options!
- Size – If you’ve never used a dildo before then you’ll probably want to start off with something smaller. However, if you already own a dildo (or you’re sure you can handle it) then a standard, six-inch dildo is always a good option!
- Material – Non-porous materials like silicone, metal, or glass are the safest options for body-safe dildos. Toys without internal electronics can be sterilized easily simply by dropping them into a pot of boiling water! Porous materials (such as TPE, PVC, or jelly) can’t be sterilized; they can only be cleaned. You’ll want to make sure to completely clean porous toys in-between uses, as these materials can harbor bacteria.
- Shape – You’ll be able to choose between straight and curved dildos. Curved models are better at g-spot targeting (they’re also called g-spot dildos), whereas straight dildos are best for training up to larger toys, large dildos (or large body parts).
- Design – There are plenty of designs to choose from! There realistic dildos for lifelike pleasure, non-phallic dildos for anyone who does not want a realistic feel. There are also colorful dildos and even rainbow dildos for a fun splash of color. You’ll have plenty of designs to choose from!
- Hard vs. Soft – Hard dildos work better during penetration since they can be easily angled. However, soft dildos feel more realistic to the touch. Dual-density dildos offer both advantages, being firm enough to be easily inserted but soft enough to feel realistic.
- Use – For vaginal use, any dildo will do. However, if you’re planning on using your new dildo as an anal dildo then having a flared base (or a dildo with a handle) is a must (the flared base will prevent over-insertion)!
- Features – Even with beginner dildos, you might be able to get a few extra features for your toy! Suction cup dildos, harnesses for pegging strap-ons, and vibrating dildos are all features you can consider.
What Size Dildo is Best for a Beginner?
It really depends on what you’re planning on using it for! If you’re planning on using it vaginally then we’d recommend starting with a dildo between 4 to 5.1 inches in length, with a girth of 1.5 inches or less. For anal, the measurements are a bit more conservative. We’d say shoot for 3 to 5 inches in length with a maximum girth of 1.59 (although we’d suggest closer to an inch!). Check out this full guide on dildo sizes for more info!
Table of contents (20)
The 12 Best best dildos for beginners in Test
Lovehoney Curved Silicone Suction Cup Dildo 7 Inch
You can’t spell versatility without LoveHoney Curved Silicone Suction Cup Dildo! Well, technically you can, but you shouldn’t. This silicone beauty comes in three colours and boasts 6.5 inches of insertable length. The design features a flared base for harness play, sturdy suction cup for solo play, even a hole in the base to slip a bullet vibe inside for extra fun! Get your money’s worth with one of the best dildos for beginners.
If you’re interested in penetrative play of any kind, this dildo is for you. At a full price of $26.99, it is well worth the use you will get out of it, no matter what you’re interested in! To use in a harness, an O-ring with a 1.5 inch diameter will do the trick. Be sure to use a quality water-based lube to ensure the most pleasurable experience, no matter which of our best dildos for beginners you use!
BASICS Suction Cup Dildo 6 Inch
Designed to hit all the right spots, this dildo’s thick, sloping head and shaft covered in pronounced veins make it the perfect toy for those looking for a realistic texture. Use solo or with a partner, even with a harness! Were it not for the material, this could be one of the best dildos for beginners that aren’t looking to make a huge investment.
While this toy is a cheap suction cup dildo, it comes with a price. The best dildos for beginners are going to be made of silicone. The PVC material this toy is made of is, while phthalate- free, not entirely body safe. The porous material is far more likely than silicone to harbour things that can make you sick.
Tantus Charmer Silicone G-Spot and P-Spot Dildo 6 Inch
This uniquely ridged dildo is one of the best starter silicone dildos out there. While the size may look intimidating, the four nodules along the shaft allow for smooth penetration and mind-blowing orgasms. This toy is designed with p-spot and g-spot stimulation in mind, making it one of the best dildos for beginners. Try pairing with a harness for extra fun!