There’s a common misconception that nipple play is only enjoyed by the vulva owners among us, but penis owners out there, don’t miss out — you can have just as much fun with your very own set of nipple clamps for men (and by that, I just mean nipple clamps because its 2022, and we don’t need to gender our sex toys).
Yay! Nipple play for everyone! Well almost — just like pretty much any sexual activity, people enjoy different things and nipple play is no different, especially the pleasantly pinchy type.
Some people’s nipples aren’t as sensitive and some people just won’t enjoy the squeeze of clamps, but for those who do get a kick out of clamping, they can add a new level of pleasure to solo and partner play.
Whether you are just starting out with a pair of beginners nipple clamps or you enjoy something a little more hardcore like extreme nipple clamps, nipple clamps work by limiting the blood flow to your nipples while you wear them.
You can tease them and tug them or even add some weights to really take it up a notch. When you take them off, the blood comes rushing back in, bringing with it a big boost in sensitivity that will make every touch feel toe-curlingly good.
Another misconception is that nipple clamps are only for hardcore BDSM’ers, and while nipple clamps are certainly very popular in the BDSM community, they can be enjoyed by everyone! They also don’t necessarily need to be painful — adjustable clamps put you in the driver’s seat, so you can have as much of a pinch as you like.
So if I’ve piqued your curiosity about whether those seemingly superfluous nipples are good for anything apart from detecting an incoming cold front, read on to find out how to give your nips some loving!
How do I know if my nipples are sensitive?
Before you splash the cash on a shiny new pair of nipple clamps, it’s a good idea to figure out if you like the sensation, and you don’t need anything more than your hands to test it out.
- You want to start by stroking the area around your nipples to start getting them turned on.
- You might want to watch some ethical porn or listen to some audio erotica to give you a helping hand.
- Slowly circle in closer until you reach your nipples. Start to stroke, rub, and lightly pinch your nipples to encourage the blood flow and help them to become erect.
- Finally, you can pinch them a little harder, paying attention to how it feels for you. If you get a little rush of pleasure, then you are a fine contender for a pair of nipple clamps!
I’m ready to try some nipple clamps for men, but where do I start?
As I mentioned earlier, there are no specific nipple clamps for men, but there are a few different basic designs out there with different clamp mechanisms. Penis owners tend to have smaller nipples so you will probably want to fo clamps that are on the smaller side. The pair you pick also depends on your level of experience and how intense you want the sensation to be. If you are just starting out, adjustable clamps, such as alligator clamps or tweezer clamps are the best choice. Here’s a rundown of the main types of nipple clamps, how to use them, and who they work best for.
- Good for beginners and up
- Usually have PVC or silicone coated tips for comfort
- Twist the screw to adjust the intensity
These adjustable alligator clamps from Stockroom are perfect for beginners as they are easy to adjust using the screws on each clamp. The tips are also coated with vinyl so you won’t get too much bite from them.
- Suitable for for beginners and up
- Fully adjustable
- Slide mechanism to adjust the intensity
- Most have coated tips for pleasing pressure without too much bite
Get Pavlovian with these nipple clamps with bells that jingle with each movement. The coated tips make them comfortable to wear and allow you to explore some more intense pressure, and the slider makes it easy to adjust to your needs.
- Suitable for intermediate to advanced
- Two magnetic parts that sit either side of the nipple
- Quite a powerful pinch
- Elegant design
The small but mighty orbs from Dominix Deluxe clamp either side of your nips for an intense squeeze. They are non-adjustable, so be sure to test them on a less sensitive area first.
How to use your nipple clamps
- Before you jump straight in and try to attach your clamps, you’ll want to spend some time getting your nipples erect. This is especially important for people with smaller nipples, and most penis owners do tend to have nipples on the smaller side. Tease the area around your nipples, run your fingers over them, lightly use your nails, or have your partner tease them for you with some licks, nibbles and pinches.
- Once your nips are ready and standing to attention, attach your clamps of choice, making sure they are positioned either side at the base of your nipples.
- Enjoy any other type of play that takes your fancy while the clamps work their magic. You can also tease your nipples while wearing the clamps by tugging them or flicking them.
- When you are ready, remove the clamps and let the blood come rushing back into them. Don’t leave them on for more than 10-20 minutes at a time.
- Lavish your newly sensitized nips with any touches they desire. Just remember that every touch will be amplified.
Taking it from basic to BDSM — nipple clamps for men with a bit more bite
If you enjoy the pleasant pinch of a pair of clamps and are looking for something to take your BDSM look to the next level.
There are plenty of extreme nipple clamps that come with something a little extra, from nipple clamps that attach to a ball gag, to a nipple clamp and cock ring combo, or even some seriously shocking electric nipple clamps.
Here are my top picks for the full look.
Stockroom Nipple Clamps and Cockring Set
The teats to tip trifecta! This set of alligator nipple clamps attaches to a metal cock ring via an adjustable chain.
The clamps provide a satisfying pinch and can be used with or without the penis ring.
Your partner won’t be able to resist giving the chain a tug, so they can watch you squirm.
Stockroom Stainless Steel Clothespins Clamps
Never argue about the laundry again — instead, you’ll be fighting over who gets to wear these sleek steel clothespin nipple clamps that come with some serious bite.
These clamps are non-adjustable, so be sure to test them out first.
Stockroom Extreme Adjustable Nipple Clamps
Straight out the workshop and onto the nipples, these vice-like clamps are bound to have you squirming with pleasure and pain with each twist of the screw.
Made from aircraft-grade aluminum, these kinky clamps are made to withstand some serious play!
Nipple Clamp Safety
- Start out low and work your way up to more intensity.
- The stronger the clamp, the shorter the time it should be worn. Nipple clamps should be removed after 10 -20 minutes.
- If you notice any damage or discoloration, remove the clamp immediately.
- If using clamps with other bondage equipment/restraints, be sure to establish a safe word or signal so your partner knows if they should stop.