The long-term relationship version of Tinder. Bumble is a dating app where you, similar to Tinder, swipe left and right on potential matches.
The Statistics of Bumble was before this post very scarce and hard to come by.
Therefore we made the biggest study into any Bumble statistic and fact we could retrieve. We will cover everything from how many active users are on Bumble, what a valuation of the company would be, their current revenue and profitability as well as user demographics and other facts.
- Bumble has 45.1 million active users Worldwide.
- Bumble has 1.8 million paying users (3.5% of active users).
- Bumble made almost $900 million in 2021.
- The average user on Bumble spends $17.5 a year.
- Paying users on bumble spend on average $39 a month.
- Bumble has 14% of the online dating app market.
- Bumble is valued at $8.1 billion and is projected to reach a $10 billion valuation by 2025.
Bumble active user stats
In 2021 Bumble had 45.1 million active users in total, of which just over 3% paid for the app. Bumble is estimated to reach 83 million active users by 2030.
Paying users on Bumble
To judge how well bumble succeeds in converting users into paid subscribers on their dating app we took a look at the number of paid users. In the first two years of Bumbles lifetime they did not take a single supscription fee or had any in-app purcase possibilities. The small amount of revenue generated in these first year came from in-app commercials.
|Year||Paying users||% of active users|
Bumbles annual revenue has increased +30% Year-over-Year and is expected to reach almost $1 billion by end of 2023.
Average revenue per user (and per paying user)
We calculated the average revenue Bumble made per user and per paying user. Bumble have had a history of having either a strong focus on acquiring more users, and then consequently a focus on turning active users into paying customers. However, hidden in the data is another golden nugget in the Bumble business – they have been masters in earning more and more $$$ per active user.
|Year||Average revenue per paying user||Average revenue per active user|
Bumble market share
Bumble is half the size of Tinder, which is the world’s most renowned online dating app. The company behind Bumble also owns Badoo, which means they collectively own 21% of the market between the top dating apps.
Bumble raised $2.2 billion from investors through their IPO the 12th of February 2021 at a stock price of $43 valuing the company at 4.2 billion.
The initial stock price quickly shot up to $75.46 per shares almost doubling Bumble’s valuation to $8.1 billion.
For a short period this made Bumble one of the top 1,000 highest valued companies in the world. However, shortly after trading started Bumbles stock fell to under $40 per share, and a valuation under $4 billion.
Using the same pricing calculations, and other public announcements we were able to precisely estimate Bumble’s valuation each year since it’s founding to being a publicly traded company.
- Bumble was founded by VP of Marketing from Tinder, Whitney Wolfe Herd, who sued Tinder for sexual discrimination and got $1 million in settlement.
- Founder of Badoo, Andrey Andreev, invested $10 million in Bumble early on and received receive 79% ownership.
- 46.2% of users on Bumble are female (which is ‘better’ than Tinder that only has 33% women)
- Users on Bumble spend on average 62 minutes a day on the app.
- Bumble only allows women to initiate conversations.
- Bumble settled a lawsuit in 2020, paying $22.5 million over unfair auto-renewal of supscriptions.