Cuckold Statistics – How common is cuckolding?
By Bedbible Research Center / February 25, 2023
The term “cuckold” or “cuckoldry” historically referred to a man whose wife has been unfaithful to him, implying that he is aware of the infidelity and possibly even complicit in it. In modern usage, the term is often associated with sexual fetishes involving the cuckold fantasy, in which a man derives pleasure from his partner engaging in sexual activity with someone else while he watches or otherwise participates.
This area is not widely discussed or reported, so 6 months ago the Bedbible Research Center decided to start the most extensive study with a 102.684 respondents dataset. The key findings from this cuckold statistics are listed below.
Feel free to use graphs and conclusions from this article – we do only expect a source reference.
Active cuckolds and the popularity
Cuckoldry is becoming more and more popular. A More sex-positive environment together with technology that let people easily find others that have similar interests are the primary reasons for this development.
- There are around 6 million US couples that are active cuckolds
- There are most cuckold couples in the US states: “Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and West Virginia”.
- 25% of men are unknowingly raising kids that are not their own
- 35% of men are either “interested” or “very interested” in trying cuckoldry
- 6 out of 10 men have fantasized about it whereas only 3 out of 10 women have
- Searches on “Cuckold” on porn websites have increased by 57% in the last 3 years
There are around 60-70 million married couples in the US, and a smaller part of those have either practiced it earlier or want to. Some have tried it with other partners and tried to convince their current partner to try it, and others decide as a couple to try it out.
- 4 million married couples are active cuckolds in the US
- 80% of the married couples that are active have tried it with an earlier partner
- 20% of the married couples that are active have never tried it before
- 2 out of 10 married couples get a divorce due to jealousy from cuckoldry
- Compared to e.g. open marriages this is really low. In Open marriages, it is 92% that sooner or later end in a divorce. You can read more about open marriage statistics here.
Young couples trying cuckoldry
The cuckold statistics for the youth are also interesting. Because this segment is the one that drives the rapid increase. Macro effects such as a more sex-positive environment and a wish for more sexual freedom are what lets mentionable many young couples try cuckoldry.
- It’s the younger ages 18-29 and 30-44 that are most active
- 90% of the young adults (18-29) get introduced to it online and through friends
- 75% of the active young adults have tried swinger clubs before starting on cuckoldry
- Most of the 30-44, 45-54, 55-64, and 65+ got introduced to it through other couples
- 5 out of 10 active cuckold couples aged 18-29 end in a breakup
- 20% of them stay as cuckolds through life
LGBT as cuckolds
- 100,000 to 200,000 persons from the LGBT community are active cuckolds
- Mostly Homosexual couples (Gays and Lesbians) are practicing this
Why do people become cuckolds?
There are many reasons why people start as cuckolds. We’ve therefore chosen to look more into the three most common parameters:
- Psychologists suggest that it is an evolutionary thing where especially women look for better genes.
- A sexual perspective where the couple together decides to try something new: due to the fact that they think they need to spice their sex life up.
- We are all living in a time where it’s more modern to be sexually free; meaning exploring your sexuality and trying all kinds of different sex things.
How to start on cuckolding?
It can be difficult to start as cuckolds if you really want to. You can easily be limited by partner, nervousity about what others might think, technology (not able to find the place/website where you can find others that are interested) etc.
Step 1: First of all its important to feel if it’s something that you really wanna try, or if it’s something that you just like the idea about. Normally, it is a good idea to wait 1-2 weeks and see how the idea develops. The worst you can do is to react on it right away. You might regret that!
Step 2: After you’ve decided that it’s a good idea. You should definitely talk with your partner about it. Communication is in general important in all steps of this process – it is an area where there are a lot of feelings involved, so please be cautious and be as open as possible, both of you!. The way many starts the conversation with their partner is to state the fact that you would love your relationship to be a spiced a bit up, and then see how it goes from their. Many starts to introduce swingerclubs to have a nice little intro to the space, and then afterwards suggesting cuckoldry.
Remember to always be respectful about your partners decision. This could end up in a bad way where one of you suddenly feels that an ultimatum should be placed – and that’s not the way to go.