As a topic of both intrigue and controversy, the practice of men forgoing underwear, commonly referred to as ‘going commando’, has been a subject of numerous surveys over the years.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of this behavior, this article will delve into a meta-study of various surveys that have sought to shed light on this practice.
We will explore how many men have tried going commando, how often they do it, and other relevant statistics associated with this phenomenon.
- An estimated 44.6% of men report to have going commando at least once before.
- On average 12.3% of men go commando on a regular basis.
- Going commando is more popular among younger men
- 25% of men between 18 and 24 years old regularly going without underwear.
- 15% of men aged 25 – 34 report to regularly go commando.
- 5% of men aged 35-44 regularly go commando.
- 58% of men who go commando report comfort as a reason, followed by a feeling of freedom (54%), and getting less laundry to do (40%).
Trying Out Commando
Surprisingly or not, the practice of going commando is more prevalent than one might initially think.
A 2018 survey by the American underwear company Tommy John discovered that 45% of the 1,000 American men surveyed had tried going commando at least once in their lifetime.
Similarly, a survey by Men’s Health in 2019 found that approximately 31% of the 2,000 men surveyed had also tested out this underwear-free lifestyle.
Interestingly, a more recent survey conducted in 2021 by the UK underwear brand, Hamilton and Hare, found that an astonishing 58% of British men had gone commando at least once.
This wide range of results indicates that the prevalence of men trying out going commando can vary significantly across different regions and populations.
Going commando is more common than you might think. Here’s a summary of the findings from three different surveys:
- A 2018 survey by Tommy John: 45% of 1,000 American men surveyed had tried going commando at least once.
- A 2019 survey by Men’s Health: Approximately 31% of 2,000 men surveyed had tried going commando.
- A 2021 survey by Hamilton and Hare: 58% of British men had gone commando at least once.
|Survey||Year||Percentage of Men Who Have Tried Going Commando|
|Hamilton and Hare||2021||58%|
Regular Practice of Going Commando
However, the occasional experiment doesn’t necessarily translate into a regular habit.
The same Tommy John survey found that 10% of men go commando regularly, defined as at least once a week. Men’s Health’s survey had a slightly lower figure, with 7% of respondents saying they often didn’t wear underwear.
In contrast, the 2021 survey by Hamilton and Hare reported that 20% of British men regularly went commando. However, it’s crucial to note that definitions of ‘regularly’ may vary between studies, potentially explaining some of the discrepancy in these results.
The data shows that an occasional experiment doesn’t necessarily translate into a regular habit.
Here’s how often men reported going commando:
- Tommy John survey: 10% of men go commando regularly (at least once a week).
- Men’s Health survey: 7% of men often didn’t wear underwear.
- Hamilton and Hare survey: 20% of British men regularly went commando.
|Survey||Percentage of Men Who Regularly Going Commando|
|Hamilton and Hare||20%|
Age and Going Commando
Another interesting facet to consider is the age of men who prefer to go commando.
A 2022 study by Underwear Expert found that younger men (aged 18-24) are more likely to go commando than older age groups, with 25% reporting that they regularly go without underwear.
As men age, this number decreases.
Only 15% of men aged 25-34 reported regularly going commando, and this number further declined to 5% for men aged 35-44.
The age factor also plays a role in this behavior. In summation, the 2022 study by Underwear Expert found:
- 25% of men aged 18-24 regularly go without underwear.
- 15% of men aged 25-34 regularly go commando.
- 5% of men aged 35-44 regularly go commando.
|Age Group||Percentage of Men Going Commando Regularly|
Reasons for Going Commando
Surveys also provide some insight into why men choose to forgo underwear.
The top reasons included comfort (58%), a feeling of freedom (54%), and less laundry to do (40%), according to the Hamilton and Hare survey.
Some respondents (15%) even indicated that they believed going commando was healthier, despite a lack of conclusive scientific evidence to support this claim.
Why do men choose to forgo underwear? The Hamilton and Hare survey provided some insights:
- Comfort: 58%
- A feeling of freedom: 54%
- Less laundry to do: 40%
- Belief in health benefits: 15%
|Reason||Percentage of Men Reporting This Reason for going Commando|
The Health Debate
Speaking of health, it’s important to note that the health implications of going commando are subject to debate.
Some argue that it can decrease the risk of fungal infections, while others suggest it may increase the risk of certain injuries.
However, there’s currently no definitive scientific consensus on this matter.
- Proponents argue it can decrease the risk of fungal infections.
- Critics suggest it may increase the risk of certain injuries.
- There’s currently no scientific consensus on this matter.
The practice of going commando varies widely between individuals and populations. As societal norms evolve, so too do personal clothing choices. Regardless of the controversy, this underwear-free lifestyle continues to be a topic of fascination and study.
Elevating the Commando Experience with male sex toys
Choosing to go commando is a liberating experience for many men. It’s a statement of comfort, confidence, and a connection to one’s body. For those men who embrace this choice, there are a plethora of toys and tools available on Bedbible to enhance their intimate moments and explore new sensations.
For moments of self-indulgence, Fleshlights offer a lifelike feel that many men swear by. Dive deeper into self-exploration with top-rated male masturbators or the compact and discreet masturbation eggs. For a futuristic touch, the VR sex toys provide an immersive experience, while the automatic male masturbators do the work for you.
Enhancements and Performance
For those looking to boost their performance or explore new sensations, cock rings can enhance stamina and pleasure. Penis pumps offer both therapeutic benefits and pleasure, while penis extenders can add a new dimension to intimacy. For targeted sensations, the penis vibrators are a must-try.
For the adventurous souls, sex dolls offer a lifelike experience. Dive into the world of Japanese sensations with onaholes, or experience the thrill of a blowjob machine. And for those moments on the go, the pocket pussy is a discreet companion.