There are a lot of statistics and facts about love, relationships, and marriage available. But no one gives you the full worldwide overview. We’ve decided to make a report that includes all you need to know. In other words, you’ll find the newest stats and facts on the most popular and interesting topics in love, relationship, and marriage.
So whether you’re interested in comparing your own relationship or marriage to others, or if you’re a journalist looking for valid and reliable data, then you have come to the right place.
Feel free to use the report – just remember to source reference us.
We’ll keep updating the stats and facts so you have real-time data.
Table of contents
- General facts about love, marriage, and relationships
- Men love statistics
- Women love statistics
- Teen love statistics
- Marriage love statistics
- Dating love statistics
- Health love statistics
- Fun Facts love statistics
- Conclusion about love, marriage, and relationship
- Methodology and Data
- About Bedbible.com and the report
➔ Key Takeaways
- 2 out of 3 persons go back to their first lover
- 58% of couples have sex weekly
- 29% of men have thought about leaving their partner
- 1 out 5 men cheat
- Single moms are 10% faster to find love
- 94% of female victims are 16-19 years old
- 30% of teens had sex
- 50% of all marriages end in divorce
- It’s healthy to be in love: 12% less likely to get the vascular disease
- 9 out of 10 navy seal soldiers get divorced from their partner
- You can get 1 year in jail for having an affair if you live in Michigan
1. General facts about love, marriage, and relationships
This section gives you a good overview of love in the world also known as descriptive statistics.
After reading this you’ll better understand the proportions and the current status of romance in the world.
1.1) 2 out of 3 persons (66.67%) go back to their first lover
- First love reunited statistics: Is it common to reunite with first love? The quick answer is; yes. Many studies show that people think it’s pretty rare, but that’s actually not the case. 2 out of 3 people (66.6667%) get back to their first lover.
- This can be explained by several parameters, but the biggest explainer is that your first love is typically more intense than the others. Further is your first love typically in your 20s. Where you form and develop your identity, and doing that with another person is just special. Often people do also find friends together. So in general a lot of parameters binding people to each other. This is also why the majority goes back to that comfortable and “easy” choice.
1.2) How often do couples make love (have sex) statistics?
- We can divide couples into; Married couples and not-married couples (so just normal partners). These two categories are between 18 – 44 years old.
46%: weekly or more
37%: 1-3 times a month
7%: 1-2 times a year
10%: no sex the last year
Not-married couples (normal partners)
58%: weekly or more
35%: 1-3 times a month
5%: 1-2 times a year
2%: no sex the last year
2. Men love statistics
Facts about love and statistics on love are often difficult to catch. Since a lot of the data is not frequently shared by people. Due to the fact that both partners remember the relationship differently.
The statistics about love from the men’s perspective is therefore the focus area in this section. Here you’ll find facts about love that is related to him.
2.1) Who says I love you first statistics?
- Saying I love you after sex is the most probable scene where the historically words “I love you” will be said.
Evidence shows that men in most cases say “I love you” before women. It’s actually a 3:1 ratio. So for every 1 woman that says it, 3 men do it. Further, do men on average say it 42 days sooner than women?
- The report also states that in most cases where no one says “I love you” after 1 year typically ends up in a relationship that’ll end.
2.2) How many men think about leaving their partner?
- Only 29% of men consider leaving their partner. That’s actually a minor number than women (here 38% of women frequently do that). Further, around 62% of men are sure that they love their partner. That’s again lower for women where only 38% is certain about that. In other words, data tells us that men are more certain about whether they love their partner or not.
2.3) Who cheats more men or women?
- 20% of married men cheat on their spouses, and 13% of married spouses cheat.
- 20% of extramarital men cheat on their partners, and 10% of extramarital women cheat.
- 65% of those who cheat stop it within the first 6 months, indicating that they slowly adapt to their new relationship status.
- Why do people cheat (have an affair)?
44% of men want sex more often
40% of men want variety in their sexual partner
40% of women want more emotional attention
33% of women want to be reassured they’re still desirable
3. Women love statistics
Likewise, all love statistics about women are here gathered and presented.
Try to compare the two genders’ data. Anything that surprises you?
3.1) Statistics of single mothers finding love
- The population of single moms is 22 million in the US. This, therefore, makes the milf-market one of the biggest when we talk about dating.
- Our research shows that single moms actually find love quicker than everyone else. Actually, they find love 10% faster that the average dater. The research did unfortunately not show why, but our best guess would be that they’re more effective in their dating approach. So basically, they know what they look for, and are a bit busier. They do not have the same time as everyone else.
3.2) It takes longer for women to fall in love
- Most people asked in the survey thought women fell in love more quickly than men. But that’s not the case. It’s both men that say “I love you” first (as mentioned above), but also fall in love at the first.
- This typically leads to male frustration since they hate to be the one that falls in love first (for some reason) – guess it’s something about pride. So if you’re a man, don’t worry at all. It’s pretty common that you feel a bit more for your partner now than she does for you. Be nice and patient, and everything will be fine!
3.3) Intimate partner violence: Among female victims, 94% of these are 16-19 year old
- The most intimate partner violence happens with younger boyfriends and girlfriends. Women are typically the victim of this.
- 94% of intimate partner violence is females between 16-19 years old
- 70% of intimate partner violence is females between 20-24 years old
- In general intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crimes.
4. Teen love statistics
Love is typically associated with teens since a lot happens at those ages.
Below you’ll find some exciting love statistics about this segment.
4.1) 19% of teens are in a relationship
- Almost 1 out of 5 teenagers are in a relationship (20%). That’s compared to all adults (18 years or older) a bit lower. 31% of all adults are single, and half of the singles are looking for a partner.
- The teenage love statistics do also state that out of the 19% that are in a relationship. Only 14% categorize it as serious.
4.2) 30% of teenagers had sex (almost 1 out of 3)
- The majority of teenagers are not sexually active. This is due to the age group from 13 – 19 years old.
- The report states that almost 1 out of 3 teenagers had sex. But as always when surveying teens there is a bigger error rate (than we normally see), due to factors such as irrational behavior. Some teenagers are afraid when answering such questions that their parents in some way get to know the answer. So our guess is that this is a bit larger (not much, just a little bit).
5. Marriage love statistics
Here you’ll find facts about marriage. Being in a marriage is still the most common marital status accounting for +50% of the population in 2022. It is declining due to a more modern take on relationships.
The love statistics maybe gives you an idea about the next couple of years’ development.
5.1) Love marriage divorce
- Divorce is never a fun topic since it involves many people and not all break-ups end well.
- Almost 50% of all marriages end in a divorce, and every 42 seconds there is one getting divorced in America. Adding that number up; 746.971 gets divorced every year in the US. There is also a 1:3 ratio on marriage vs. divorce. So every time a couple gets marriage 3 get divorced.
- The average length of a person’s first marriage is 8 years, and the average age to get the first divorce is 30 years old.
- Not being religious increases the probability of being divorced by 14%.
- High IQs are more likely to stay in the relationship than vice versa (actually 50% more likely)
5.2) Marry for love or money statistics
- Marrying for money has always been a topic that people talk about. We have all heard about the typically older men that marry younger women, and where all around them suspect the women of being together with the man because of the money. All available research indicates that money from generation to generation is important when choosing a partner. 56% of Americans say they prefer financial security higher than falling deeply in love with their partner.
- It’s only Generation Z (born between 1996 and 2010) that prioritizes love (54%) over money.
6. Dating love statistics
Dating is where relationships and love start, and there are some fun stats on this.
We’ve captured them all so you can compare your own experience with the rest.
6.1) 53% lie on their online dating profile
- That’s half of the members on e.g. Tinder. So don’t be surprised if a person didn’t tell the whole truth. Remember people only do it to get your attention, so don’t see it as a bad thing.
- Further, research shows that 20% of women use a more than 2 years old picture. Guess this is the guy’s worst nightmare.
- But but but … men are not better. 40% lie about their jobs to be more successful in the eyes of their date.
6.2) The chances of finding love without looking are 1 to 562
- We often see movies where people randomly meet each other. And we, therefore, somehow, have a misunderstood conception that a lot of people meet each other like this. Actually, 45% meet each other through mutual friends and only 7% find love through online dating apps.
6.3) It takes 4 minutes to decide whether you like someone or not
- The first impression is the most important. Since this is where you give the person the so-called “elevator eyes”. So remember to be the best version of yourself when meeting new people. Bare in mind that chances are that you meet your new girlfriend/boyfriend, and then you really want to make a good first impression. Else will the other person categorize you as a “no”.
7. Health love statistics
Love has some positive impacts on your life and health. We’ve listed the most interesting here.
It is fascinating how much you are affected by your love for another person.
7.1) Cuddling your loved one releases painkillers
- When you’re together with your loved one, your body knows it and reacts to it. In-depth research has investigated what happens with your body and mind when you’re around someone you truly love. Scientists have found something they called the “cuddle hormone” which is also known as Oxytocin. This hormone is in the brain and gets released when you cuddle your partner. This hormone decreases headaches significantly. So maybe the next time you have a headache trying to cuddle with your partner before going to medicine (Nb. the headache should go away within 4 hours after you start the cuddle).
- It’s also known that just when you look at a picture of a loved one the body releases natural painkillers.
7.2) You become a better person when you’re in love
- When you’re in love you have more surplus and want to talk/help other people. Further, you push yourself to develop both in a psychological way as well as pushing yourself when running/doing fitness. When you’re in love you also decrease the level of neurosis (a mental disorder involving chronic distress)
7.3) You are 12% less likely to get a vascular disease if you’re married and under 50 years old
- This has something to do with your level of happiness and the fact that when you’re together with another person. You tend to be more active which of course is good for your health.
8. Fun Facts love statistics
In this section, you’ll find all the fun facts about love, marriage, and relationships.
Check the facts and stats and see if you get surprised about some of the findings. We guarantee that we have at least 1 love statistic which you’ve never heard before.
8.1) Can you go to jail for cheating?
- Yes! In Michigan, USA adultery is a felony crime, and you can be prosecuted by your spouse/partner. The penalty framework is a minimum of 1 year in jail. So maybe it’s good to be up to date with the regulations in your country.
8.2) U.S. Navy seal divorce rate
- The divorce rate for some of the world’s best soldiers is 90%. So 9 out of 10 navy seal soldiers get divorced from their partner.
8.3) Long-distance relationships have more happiness and trustfulness
- It is pretty common for people to say: Long-distance relationships do not work. And that’s of course also correct in a lot of cases. But in fact, our research and data show that these relationships are more related to; Trust, satisfaction, and happiness.
8.4) How many couples are happy in their relationships?
- Love statistics show that 83% are happy in their relationship.
Conclusion about love, marriage, and relationship
As you can see above there are some funny, interesting, and insightful statistics/stats/facts about love. This is an area that keeps developing with the human race e.g. we’re seeing more and more singles than ever before. This seems to be a new trend in the world of romance. Which is just an example of an area that develops fast. Another example of this is the statistics on marriage. Since the 1950’s people are getting older and older when this sets in, and the same goes for when couples in love get their first child.
The report is pretty clear in its data. Love is interesting to make statistics on, but like any other statistical piece, it’s important to do what you feel. Do not get pressured by the majority. There is no recipe for love, and you basically can’t make mistakes. Listen to your feelings and your heart, and you’ll end up in a good spot.
We’ve listed the most interesting results in the “key takeaways” section at the start of the report. Take a look at that and you’re equipped with the facts you need to know about love.
Methodology and Data
- Data is representative of the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Facts and stats that belong to certain countries are stated explicitly above. If not stated in the punctuation then it’s general for the countries/geographic areas mentioned above.
- Data is collected through earlier produced reports, as well as publicly available databases.
- From 2000 – 2022
- The research took around 50 hours to produce (everything included)
About Bedbible.com and the report
Bedbible.com is publicly known as the biggest sex toy review site in the world. Less known is, that we have a research team that produces in-depth analyses and research about love, romance, dating, and sex toys. We do this because the educational part is a priority of ours. You can find all our published reports here.
There is no sponsor behind the research. All our research activities are 100% independent.
Jacob B. is the project lead on this statistic. If you have any questions for him please reach out to: email@example.com