The 14 Best Sex Toys for Beginners — Vibrators, Masturbators, Butt Plugs & More
|Clit Vibrator||Clit Sucker||G-spot||Couples||Bullet Vibrator||Dildo||Finger||Masturbator||Fleshlight||Butt plug||Vibrating Butt Plug||Nipple toy||Bondage||Strap-on|
|Dame Pom||Satisfyer Pro 2||Satisfyer Yummy Sunshine||We-Vibe Chorus||Maude Vibe||Tantus Charmer||Dame Fin||Tenga Egg New Standard||Fleshlight Go Surge||njoy Pure Plug||Butt Tingler||FSOG Nipple Suckers||S&M Bondage Starter Kit||New Comers Strap-On Kit|
|Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price|
How did we select and test these sex toys for beginners?
This review started with in depth research of beginner sex toys. As a sex toy expert I know that sex toys for beginners should be easy to use, easy to care for and not overwhelmingly big or powerful. I also made sure to look for sex toys that are made with quality without being too expensive.
Many of the sex toys in this review have been tested and put through their paces by myself or one of our amazing sex toy testers. To read the full in-depth user review, you can click on the review link under the Bedbible rating.
How to Find the Best First Sex Toy for You
Everyone has different desires when it comes to choosing their first sex toy, so I’ve put together some things to think about to help you decide which type of sex toy will be best for you!
- Do you want to use it alone, with a partner or both? If you want to use your sex toy with a partner during sex, you will need to look for a couple’s toy or one that can easily fit between your bodies.
- Which body part do you usually stimulate? Think about what you like to do during sex and masturbation and look for a toy that stimulates the same area. For example, if you usually stimulate your clitoris during masturbation, a clit sucker or clit vibrator is a great option!
- What type of stimulation do you usually enjoy? If you are a vulva owner and love the feeling of oral sex, you might want to look for a clit sucker. Or if you are a penis owner and want to recreate the feeling of vaginal sex, a Fleshlight would be perfect!
- Have you experienced penetration before? If you are looking for a vaginal or anal penetration toy and have had penetrative sex before, you can find a toy that is similar in size to the penis you had sex with. If you are totally new to penetrative play, you might want to opt for something more similar in size to a finger or two.
Different Types of Sex Toys
The sheer number of different types of sex toys can be overwhelming when looking for a sex toys for beginners. Here are some of the options and what they are good for:
cock rings, bondage gear, nipple toys
- Internal vibrators can be used vaginally, while only ones with flared bases are anal-safe. You can also use internal vibrators externally! G-spot vibrators tend to be curved to make it easy to stimulate the front wall of your vagina.
- External vibrators can only be used to stimulate external areas, like the clitoris, penis, perineum, and nipples.
- Dildos are mainly used for internal stimulation to recreate the feeling of penetrative sex. Again all dildos can be used vaginally but only flared base dildos are safe for anal use. Dildos for beginners tend to be smaller in size.
- Anal toys should always have a flared base to prevent them travelling up inside you. Some common anal toys include butt plugs, vibrating butt plugs, anal beads, and anal dildos.
- Cock rings lightly constrict the penis to give a firmer erection. You can also get vibrating cock rings that stimulate a partner’s clitoris during penetrative sex.
- Bondage gear includes all types of sexual restraints for tying up/down your partner. They are great for exploring domination and submission and can be used during penetrative sex or other types of stimulation.
- Nipple toys include nipple clamps, nipple suckers, and nipple pumps. They all work to increase nipple sensitivity but nipple suckers are the most beginner-friendly as they don’t involve any pain and are easy to use.
Table of contents (23)
The 14 Best sex toys for beginners in Test
The Pom from Dame is a soft squishy vibrator that hugs your body while delivering 10 modes of pleasurable vibrations wherever you choose to use it! 5 intensites and 5 different patterns.
The pebble-shaped vibrator can be laid flat for broad stimulation or you can use the tip for more precise stimulation exactly where you want it. Plus the small peak on the underside is perfectly for nestling against your clitoris!
Intuitive to use, waterproof and easy to clean, this makes a great vibrator for beginners.
The Dame Pom ticks all the boxes for an amazing sex toy for beginners, which is exactly why I chose it as today’s test winner! Firstly, it is very easy to use — both the buttons and the shape are intuitive to use. Secondly, it’s soft and flexible and will flex to your body, making it comfortable to use. Lastly, it’s made from body-safe materials that are easy to take care of.
I also love that you can use it for all kinds of external stimulation and the little peak is just perfect for nestling over your clitoris.
My only real critique of the design is that it can be easy to accidentally change the settings during use.
This is a little expensive for a first time toy, but if you are looking for an external vibrator, I would say it’s worth the investment. You can also keep an eye out for a sale!
Satisfyer Pro 2 Next Generation
The Satisfyer Pro 2 is one of the most popular sex toys of all time! This powerfully pleasing and affordable clit sucker is the perfect choice for clitoris owners looking to buy a first-time suction toy.
This suction toy provides intense stimulation without directly touching the clitoris, so you are less likely to experience the tingly numbness some people get with vibrations.
The wide mouth has a thick silicone rim, making it comfortable to use and it can be removed and replaced, making it easy to clean.
You get 11 intensities to choose from, so you can enjoy slow and sensual stimulation or turn it up for more intense power!
There’s a reason this sex toy is so popular! This really is the best clit sucker for beginners in my humble opinion! It allows you to experience the delicious sensations of clit suckers without being overwhelmingly powerful or breaking the bank. It’s also super simple to use and clean. It is however a little noisy on the higher settings, which is something to bear in mind if you live with other people. It is however waterproof, so you could use it in the shower for more discretion!
Satisfyer Yummy Sunshine G-spot Vibrator
Get those yummy sunshine vibes all year round with the Satisfyer Yummy Sunshine G-spot Vibrator.
With 12 vibration modes to explore, the Yummy Sunshine is great for internal or external stimulation.
The gentle curve and ripples of this beautifully flexible shaft are perfect for treating your g-spot to some intense pleasure!
Plus, the Yummy Sunshine is waterproof, so you can use it in the bath or shower!
This is a wonderful vibrator for beginners, especially if you are looking for a g-spot vibrator. The combination of the curved shaft and vibrations, makes it easy to find and stimulate your g-spot. The ergonomic loop handle is also a really nice feature!
The shaft is very flexible making comfortable to press against your g-spot. For some it might be a bit tricky to enjoy the clitorial stimulation at the same time as the shaft is pretty long.
The shaft get’s a little thicker towards the base, so you might need to work up to inserting the whole thing if you are totally new to penetration.
The first motor is in the external arm, which provides intense clitoral stimulation for the wearer and the second is in the internal arm which stimulates the wearer’s g-spot and their partner’s penis at the same time!
The adjustable neck in the middle of the toy bends to fit your body, so you can enjoy all of this amazing stimulation hands-free!
You can also connect the Chorus to app for greater customisation or long-distance play.
I absolutely love the We-Vibe Chorus and think it makes an amazing couples vibrator toy for beginners and more advanced users alike. As someone who needs clitoral stimulation to have reliable orgasms during penetrative sex, this was a real game-changer!
It’s easy to get into position and stays in place and I really like that it comes with a physical remote so you don’t have to use your phone during sex if you don’t want to! It’s also fun that you can squeeze the remote for an extra boost of power to tip you over into an orgasm.
The vibrations are powerful and rumbly and everything you could want and the silicone is velvety soft!
I personally didn’t have much luck with the app and found it unreliable, but I haven’t tried it recently so it might be more stable now.
This Maude vibrator is a simple but stylish vibrator that looks like a minimalistic sculpture!
The teardrop shape means you can enjoy pinpoint stimulation using the tip or broad stimulation by laying it flat against your body.
The single-button controls make it easy to switch between the three different vibration intensities.
The whole thing is covered in deliciously smooth silicone that feels fantastic against your body with a slick lube!